Friday, August 15, 2008

What a Week!

I don't even know where to start. Let's see.

The kids started school on Monday. The day went well and the kids all liked their teachers. In the afternoon we picked up Kimberly's new glasses. Monday night she was still wearing her old ones and didn't understand why she needed to wear the new ones. Trying to explain that her prescription had changed and the new ones were different in more than just frame color went nowhere. It totally should have occurred to me that the child that has issues with change might have needed a little more coaching to part with her first pair of glasses. I finally had to take the old ones and hide them so she was forced to wear the new pair.

On Tuesday, I learned that my debit card number had been used fraudulently and made a ton of phone calls to cancel the card, file a police report, and try to determine who used my card number. The charge was only $7.74, but the hassle it has cost me is worth much more. My card had to be cancelled and a new one issued. The new card may not arrive for two weeks. I use that card to pay bills online, so I will have to change all those accounts. What a nightmare.

Wednesday I did about 10 loads of laundry while waiting for my new phone to arrive. I did not however deal with the socks, HA. Wednesday afternoon I had a meeting with Kimberly's teacher and it went very well. She was very receptive to the modifications Kimberly will need because of her ADD and I feel very relieved that this year will be so much better than last year. Wednesday night Jay came home.

Yesterday Jay and I spent the day together. It's always fun when we get to just hang out and do normal stuff together. We didn't do anything special, we went shopping at Walmart, Target, and Office Max, but since he is gone so much anytime we can just hang out is precious. Last night we had our first PTSA meeting of the year and we had a great turn out and lots of support. When I got home from the PTSA meeting, I did more laundry since Jay brought two loads home with him.

This morning I woke up at the crack of dawn to take Jay to the airport. He's flying to LA to pick up the truck he is taking to Michigan. He will be home tonight and then he leaves on Sunday. He will be in Michigan for 8 weeks. After I got back from the airport and took the kids to school, I had to go get a dispute form notarized for the fraud with my debit card. When I got home, I got a call telling me the identity of the person who used my card number. I'm so happy that not only has this person lost their job, because that is where she obtained my card number, but now the police will have to track her down and prosecute her. I knew when I talked to them on Tuesday that it wasn't going to be a high priority case for them since the amount was so small. Now that I've done all the detective work for them and have given them the name of the person, they have no excuse but to arrest her. YAY.

What a week!!


LenaLoo said...

Glad your kids got off to a good start :) And glad you got your ID Theft taken care of, that could be scary!