Friday, February 11, 2011

Hubby Always Said I Can't Measure

He says I think things are bigger than they really are.

I'm beginning to think he is right.

I got my Le Creuset baking dishes from CSN last week.  They got here super fast.  Like 3 days after I ordered them.  Considering that it was free shipping, I expected they would be sent the slowest way possible on the back of a sloth or something, so three days was super exciting.

I tore into the big box like a kid on Christmas day.  Inside I found a LOT of packing material and two little baking dishes.  Huh?  I stood there scratching my head about how they seemed to be half the size I was expecting when the Hubby came over and schooled me (again) in measurement.  The measurements I had even typed into my first post about them, 10.5' x 7' baking dish and bonus 7' x 5' dish.  He pointed to a framed picture on my bookshelf and said "Honey, what size is this picture?"  I replied "5' x 7'".  He held up my small 7' x 5' dish next to the picture and then turned it sideways while cocking one eyebrow as if to say "Really?  You somehow expected this to be larger?"  Yes, yes I did.  


So now I don't know what I'm going to bake for my family of five in these little dishes, 
but they sure are pretty.

2 comments:

Jenn Sullivan said...

Okay, so have been thinking about what you shoul dbake in your mini dishes and have come up with a couple ideas...
Mini lasagna for one (or 2 kids)
Baked mac and cheese for one (or the kids)
Soufle
Yep, that's about it...
Good luck!

Lena said...

dedicate the 7x5 for roasting garlic!